Pump Seal Water
Many industrial operations use pumps fitted with mechanical seals. These pumps require “seal water” to:
- Cool and seal the shaft,
- Lubricate the seal, and
- Flush away debris/contaminants from the seal.
Typically, the pump seal water will comingle with process fluids and often directed back into the process. Therefore, the seal water must be compatible with the process fluid. Quite often, the process fluid is utilized for pump seal water. However, it is critical that the fluid is properly filtered to remove any contaminants that could damage the seal. White water vacuum pump seal water in the pulp and paper industry is a great example of where ZGF technology can provide exceptional value.
ZGF technology removes contaminants effectively and efficiently
Implementation of ZGF Spring Filter technology to protect you pump and pump seals is highly recommended! ZGF Spring Filter technology provides a positive barrier that will capture and remove particles large and small, and light and heavy. You also want to minimize maintenance and labor which would make bag and cartridge filtration a poor choice. The Zero Gravity Filters permanent media Spring Filter is a coil wound with a variable pitch that allows the filter element to open evenly from top to bottom ensuring that all contaminants are completely cleaned off the filter element with every backwash. The ZGF Spring Filter is manufactured with precision raised nidges. These nidges create an absolute gap that allow the Spring Filter to capture > 99% of spherical particles larger than the micron rating of the filter.
ZGF Spring Filter technology effectively and efficiently captures and removes the contaminants, providing particle free pump seal water.
ZGF Spring Filter technology is:
- fully automatic – the self-cleaning process is initiated based on pressure differential, and accomplished in seconds without interrupting flow to the process
- consistent & reliable
- energy efficient – operates on line pressure, only utilizes a minimal amount of electricity and air during backwash cycle
- environmentally responsible - uses <0.75 % of total water volume for backwash
- able to remove particles down to 20 micron
ZGF technology provides value
Historically, people have used bag and cartridge filtration for these applications. The cost of using disposable bag and cartridge filters can add up quickly! Costs include:
- Purchasing bags and cartridges
- Disposing of bags and cartridges
- Changing bags and cartridges
- Shipping, handling and warehousing
- Issuing purchase orders and processing invoices
If true life-cycle costs are considered, typically the payback on ZGF Spring Filter technology can be realized in less than 1 year. This is based on ZGF Spring Filter technology:
- having no moving parts,
- operating costs of less than $100 per year, and
- a 5-year guarantee on the Spring Filter element.
Click on ZGF Phoenix vs Bag Filter to see a how a ZGF customer was able realize a simple payback in 8 months.
ZGF technology can provide significant value in several operations and applications. Click on Success Stories to jump to the Success Stories / Case Studies page to learn how ZGF technology provides value.
To get a better understanding on where ZGF Spring Filter technology can provide value in your operations, download the Process Diagram, Industrial Process Water (Pump Seals).
If you want to learn more about ZGF EZ Clean technology, then click on one of the links to download the:
- EZ Clean Phoenix Product Data Sheet
- EZ Clean EC700S Product Data Sheet
- EZ Clean 900 Product Data Sheet
View the Spring Filter video to see how all the contaminants are removed from the Spring Filter during backwash when the filter element opens and shimmers.
Simplicity, consistency, reliability and the lowest cost of ownership make ZGF Spring Filter technology the best solution and value when you need to filter your pump seal water!
ZGF is your preferred partner.
Filtration should not be a burden.
Filtration should be a tool that improves quality and reduces cost.
Let us help you meet your objectives and make your job easier!
We are always available by phone too. Give us a call!