Automotive & Heavy Truck
The Automotive and Heavy Truck Industry includes virtually everything that is powered and rolls!
- Passenger Vehicles
- Mining Equipment
- Agriculture / Farming Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Fire & Rescue Vehicles
- Semi-Trucks / Tractors
- Utility Trucks
These vehicles all have the same basic components.
- Body / Cab
Powertrain, drivetrain / driveline and chassis manufacturing processes include:
- Machining, honing, grinding, lapping & polishing
- Industrial parts washing
- High-Pressure Pump Protection (parts washing and machining operations)
- Induction Hardening & Quench
Powertrain, drivetrain and chassis manufacturing facility support processes include:
In powertrain, drivetrain / driveline and chassis manufacturing processes, effective filtration is essential to:
- maintain machine / washer cleanliness,
- maximize metalworking fluid / wash solution / quench fluid life,
- maximize tool / abrasive / coil life,
- meet surface finish / quality, tolerance and cleanliness requirements,
- minimize labor associated with maintenance and housekeeping,
- maintain a worker friendly and safe work environment,
- minimize waste disposal, and
- ensure a consistent and reliable process.
Body / cab manufacturing processes include:
- Paint Pretreatment
Body / cab manufacturing facility support processes include:
In body / cab manufacturing it is all about cost and quality! The goal is to provide the best finish quality and long-term corrosion protection with minimal equipment / filtration system maintenance and low operating / life-cycle costs. Cleanliness is critical, and poor cleanliness is costly. Dirty surfaces can have short-term (re-work) and long-term (warranty, poor consumer quality scores) cost implications. Therefore, effective filtration is essential!
Zero Gravity Filters offers four extremely unique and effective separation / filtration technologies to meet the needs of the automotive / heavy truck.
- Maggie – Maggie is a fully automatic, in-line, high intensity, high efficiency, self-cleaning, patented magnetic separator. Maggie is the best available technology for separating magnetic contaminants from process fluids.
- Spring Filter – The ZGF Spring Filter is a 316 stainless-steel coil wound with a variable pitch that allows the filter element to open evenly from top to bottom ensuring that all contaminants are completely removed from the filter element with each backwash. The “nidges” provide an absolute gap to ensure consistent and reliable particle capture. The Spring Filter element is utilized in the EZ Clean family of automatic filtration systems.
- Tornado – The Tornado is high “G”-force, centrifugal separator. The Tornado is a simple but extremely innovative device. The Tornado has no moving parts and no media. Tornado effectively removes particles without any regular maintenance.
- MEC – The MEC is the only fully automatic, permanent media, in-line filter that combines magnetic and barrier filtration in a single system.
With diminishing maintenance staffs and tighter profit margins, contamination control must be effective, consistent and reliable.
The selected filtration technology must be:
- capable of removing small contaminants without negatively impacting the process fluid,
- automatic to minimize operator involvement
- relatively maintenance free
ZGF technology can be installed in a variety of processes and applications.
To get a better understanding on where ZGF technology can provide value in the Automotive / Heavy Truck, click on one or more of the Process Diagram links below. The process diagrams show you where a ZGF technology can be implemented in a specific process and the benefits it provides.
- Process Diagram, Stand-Alone Machining Center, Single Tank
- Process Diagram, Stand-Alone Machining Center, Clean Tank / Dirty Tank
- Process Diagram, Central Coolant System
- Process Diagram, Induction Hardening / Heat Treat (Quench)
- Process Diagram, Industrial Part Cleaning / Washing
- Process Diagram, Paint Pretreatment
- Process Diagram, Industrial Process Water
- Process Diagram, HVAC / Cooling Water
- Process Diagram, Membrane Protection / Pre-Filter
- Process Diagram, Protect High Pressure Pumps
- Process Diagram, Test Stands
ZGF technology provides value
ZGF technology is a global standard and has been adopted as the best available technology within well-known, Fortune 500 automotive / heavy truck manufacturing organizations. As they continue to implement our technology and realize the exceptional value, some organizations have shared their success stories.
Click on Success Stories to jump to the Success Stories / Case Studies page to learn how ZGF technology provides value. Click on the links below to learn how our customers were able to reduce operating costs, improve process reliability and quality, and reduce the environmental footprint of their operations by implementing ZGF technology.
- Engine Manufacturer - Reduces Maintenance and Total Operating Costs of a Large Machining Operation by Eliminating Bag Filters
- Central Coolant System - Eliminates need for Bag Filters & Reduces Total Operating Costs
- Automotive Component Manufacturer Improves Process Reliability and Reduces Total Operating Costs
- Eliminate Scratches and Reduce Total Operating Costs by 33% in a Honing Operation
- Maintain Consistent Oil Cleanliness & Reduce Total Operating Costs in a Honing Operation
- Extend life of Honing Oil, Reduce Labor, Scrap and Improve Productivity in a Honing Operation
- Improve Quality & Productivity and Reduce Waste in a Lapping Operation, Eliminate unplanned downtime
- Extend tool life and reduce maintenance, Improve Quality and Reduce Scrap / Re-work, Improve Surface Finish, Extend Grinding Wheel Life and Reduce Maintenance
- Central Coolant System - Reduce Tooling Costs and Scrap Rates in Machining Operation
- Stand-alone Machining Centers - Reduce Tooling Costs and Scrap Rates in Machining Operation
- Improve Quality, Reduce Scrap & Rework
- Prevent Nozzle Plugging & Provide Consistently Cleaner Parts
- Improved Process Reliability & Quality and Reduce Total Operating Costs
- Implemented Best Available Technology to Reduce E-Coat Hood Defects per Unit by 85%
- Doubled Amount of Weld Balls Removed and Reduced Defects per Unit by 50%
- Reduced Paint Process Defects per Vehicle by 86%
- Improved Cleanliness of Paint Shop Pre-Treatment System
- Quench Operations – Reduce Total Operating Cost & Environmental Impact
ZGF technology also provides value in facility support processes. Click on the following links to find additional success stories in the following support processes.
ZGF Maggie, Spring Filter & Tornado technologies meet all purchasing and performance criteria by effectively and efficiently capturing and removing the contaminants from process fluids and process / cooling water.
ZGF technology will provide value because it is:
- fully automatic
- consistent & reliable
- energy efficient - utilizing a minimal amount of electricity and air during purge/backwash
- able to capture and remove ferrous particles down to 1 micron and non-ferrous particles down to 20 micron
- environmentally responsible – does not generate additional waste, unlike bags, cartridges and roll media
The product data sheets provide a detailed description and comprehensive overview of each product technology. If you want to learn more about ZGF EZ Clean, Maggie, MEC or Tornado technology, then click on one of the links to download the:
- EZ Clean Phoenix Product Data Sheet
- EZ Clean EC700S Product Data Sheet
- EZ Clean 900 Product Data Sheet
- Maggie Product Data Sheet
- MEC Product Data Shee
- Tornado Product Data Sheet
Seeing is believing!
Some people need to see something in operation to really get it. Click on the links below to see how each technology works.
- Spring Filter animation – The animation shows the basic principle of operation.
- Spring Filter video - See the coil open and shimmer and the contaminants disappear!
- Phoenix animation – The animation shows the basic principle of operation.
- EZ Clean Phoenix video - The narrated video explains and allows you to see how the Phoenix works; and you can see how all debris is removed during backwash when the Spring Filter opens and shimmers
- Maggie and Smart Drum animation – The animation shows the basic principle of operation.
- Maggie video – The video shows and explains how the Maggie technology works. See how Maggie captures ferrous contaminants and then purges them to the Smart Drum!
- Tornado animation – View the Tornado in operation.
Simplicity, consistency, reliability and the lowest cost of ownership make ZGF technology the best solution and value for all your filtration needs!
ZGF is your preferred partner.
Filtration should not be a burden.
Filtration should be a tool that improves quality and reduces cost.
Let us help you meet your objectives and make your job easier!
We are always available by phone too. Give us a call!